Euroscience General Assembly
The General Assembly shall be the sovereign body of the association; it shall consist of all members with the right to vote. Honorary members serve in an advisory capacity. It approves the association’s accounts and sets strategic guidelines for the two following years.
The General Assembly meets physically every other year (at ESOF). The virtual General Assembly is potentially permanent.
The General Assembly elects 16 members of the Governing Board.
General Assembly 2012
- The new statutes were approved. Read more>>
- Professor Anne Glover, Scientific Advisor to President Barroso of the European Commission, addressed the General Assembly on her vision on the importance of European Science and Science Based Policy Making.
- Professor Chris Llewellyn-Smith is the Chair of the Board of the SESAME Project in Jordan, which is the recipient of the Rammal Award 2011. He explained the importance of SESAME for scientific and political cooperation in the Middle East and the Mediterranean. Read More>>
General Assembly documents
5. Financial report (Only accessible with login)
6. 2010 General Assembly minutes (Only accessible with login)
New: 2012 General Assembly minutes (Only accessible with login)
There were three important events after the GA open to every conference participant.
Address by Professor Anne Glover, Chief Scientific Advisor to President Barroso of the European Commission
Address by Professor Chris Llewellyn-Smith, Chair of the Board of the SESAME Project in Jordan
Rammal Award Ceremony
After the Award Ceremony, there was a reception in Wicklow room 4.