Still OPEN for institutions to sign up!
A large number of major European organisations in the area of science, research, innovation and higher education have written an Open Letter to European Prime Ministers, ministers responsible for those same areas, as well as the President of the European Council and of the European Commission, and Commissioner Carlos Moedas for Research and Innovation to express their concern about recent developments in the US.
Immigration restrictions, limitations for scientists to communicate and publish freely, and giving unwarranted credibility to views in e.g. climate science or vaccine safety not based on facts and sound science are at odds with basic principles underlying scientific progress. European governments and the leaders in the EU are called upon to uphold these principles themselves and to work with their counterparts in the US administration to maintain a global science system based on these principles.
- Open Letter and the list of signatories
- Cover Letter to the Commissioner Carlos Moedas
- Response on behalf of Mr. Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission
- Response from the Prime Minister of Belgium
Should an organisation wish to join the list of signatories please send a mail to marie.suchanova[at]euroscience.org
- SCIENCE BUSINESS.NET
- Anna Note, the online English edition of Annapurna Post daily
- CHEMISTRY WORLD.COM
- Room, The Space Journal
- DECCAN Chronical, the largest circulated English newspaper in South India
- RTBF.be, Belgium
- France Bleu
- La libre.be, Belgium
- Meteo Web, Italy
- Canoë, Canada
- Stiripesurse.ro, Romania
Photo Credit: by Anne, Flickr