Euroscience Strategy 2012-2015
Euroscience represents European scientists in all areas of knowledge and those interested in science, whether in public sector institutions, universities, research institutes or the business sector. Science is an essential part of Europe’s cultural achievements and provides the basis for the continuing health and prosperity of European citizens. It provides the basis for the development of policy at the European, national and regional levels and for societal debates. Science, technological developments and innovation are together the engine of welfare and development in Europe.
This is at the base of Euroscience’s vision and strategy of becoming the most prominent grassroots organization for science, technology and innovation in Europe, as well as an umbrella for European organisations in the field of science.
Euroscience membership is open to anyone and any organisation who shares this vision, who will work towards making this vision come true and who is willing to contribute to furthering the objectives of Euroscience.
Our vision has four cornerstones. They define the key agenda of Euroscience and its members, namely to:
- Contribute to the integration of Europe through the promotion of the idea of a threefold citizenship among scientists and scientific institutions in Europe – a European citizenship and a disciplinary and national (and regional) one;
- Enhance the contribution of science to the well-being and prosperity of mankind and enrich society in dealing with the political and ethical issues confronting it;
- Influence the shaping of policies for science in Europe, both at a national and European level;
- Raise awareness of the important issues linking science to society, and actively engage in addressing these issues through political processes and the promotion of dialogue at the European level between scientists and other stakeholders in science.
Mission and role
The mission of Euroscience as a grassroots organisation is to be:
- A voice for and to European scientists;
- An anchor point for all those who want to interact with a European scientific voice;
- A platform for policymakers to connect to scientists and scientific institutions at a European level;
A platform where scientists, politicians and other stakeholders can meet, discuss and advance societal, including ethical issues concerning science and its applications
Dowload the Euroscience Strategy 2012-2015.