Eight Prize Categories
The Prize Categories Awards are offered in four television and new media genres, and in four “science in society” areas.
Science and Technology
- TV Documentaries
- TV Drama or Docu-drama
- TV General Programming (i.e. magazines, politics shows, natural world, etc…)
- New Media Productions (including WEB, iPOD, Promotional Video, etc…)
Science in Society
- The best presentation of science or technology in relation to an environmental issue
- The best presentation of a woman scientist or engineer, real or acted
- The best presentation of Medical Research
- The best production as judged by the festival theatre audience
The winners of the first seven categories are chosen by an international jury of Scientists/Engineers and TV/New Media people. Each winner receives a trophy and a certificate, and the travel of one person per production to the awards evening is covered.