PRESENTATION AND CONDITIONS FOR TRAVEL GRANTS
Created by Euroscience, ESOF – EuroScience Open Forum – is the biennial pan-European meeting dedicated to scientific research and innovation. The ESOF2020 event to be held in Trieste in Italy, between 5-9 July 2020 will bring 4,500 leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators from more than 90 countries, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science. ESOF2020 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
Read the testimonials from the past recipients of travel grants – ESOF2018 Toulouse.
The CALL for travel grants to ESOF2020 is dedicated to Young Researchers based in Sweden irrespective of their nationality as well as to Swedish nationals studying/working in any European country (as defined by the Council of Europe).
The Swedish Research Council in collaboration with EuroScience have opened a call for travel grants to cover young researchers’ cost of travel, registration, and accommodation to attend ESOF2020 in Trieste, Italy.
- Who can apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria of the call:
- Young researchers (PhD candidates and Post Docs)
- Under the age 35
- Proficient in English
- Open to all young researchers pursuing their study or research in Sweden irrespective of their nationality as well as to Swedish nationals studying/working in any European country (as defined by the Council of Europe).
- Application procedure
To apply for a travel grant a candidate of Swedish nationality but based in another European country will need to fill out and sign a declaration of honour (available in our system for download) and upload it along with his/her CV (max 2 pages) and motivation letter in the submission system.Applicants living and working in Sweden do not need to complete the declaration of honour.
To submit an application, please create an account in the EuroScience Conference and Membership Platform ESCMP: https://escmp.euroscience.org/login
Once you profile created, please click on the icon ‘apply for a grant’ and select the call entitled “travel grants for Swedish researchers”.
When submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The deadline for applications for travel grants is October 31, 2019, 23:59 CET.
- Selection and decision
The selection of candidates will be based on the curriculum and the motivation letter. As regards Swedish nationals based in another European country also on the duly signed declaration of honour available for download on the ESCMP submission platform. Applicants living and working in Sweden do not need to complete the declaration of honour.
A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by EuroScience in collaboration with the Swedish research.
An email of decision will be sent in December 2019 to all candidates stating whether or not their application has been selected.
- Obligations of grantees and payment conditions
- Grantees must confirm by email to office(at)euroscience.org that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF2020 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and list sessions they visited.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2020 will be reimbursed by EuroScience on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 900€ each.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel claim form issued by EuroScience.
For questions related to the submission system please contact Marie Suchanova at office(at)euroscience.org
Download the call in pdf