Presentation and conditions for the travel grants
Created by EuroScience, ESOF – Euroscience Open Forum – is the biennial pan-European meeting dedicated to scientific research and innovation. ESOF2022 to be held in Leiden, 13-16 July 2022 will be a hybrid event (both live and virtual) and will bring leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science. ESOF2022 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
The CALL for travel grants to ESOF2022 was dedicated to Young Researchers based in Sweden irrespective of their nationality as well as to Swedish nationals studying/working in any European country (as defined by the Council of Europe).
Swedish Research Council in collaboration with EuroScience had opened a call for travel grants to cover young researchers’ cost of travel, registration, and accommodation to attend ESOF2022 in Leiden, the Netherlands.
Who can apply?
Eligibility criteria of the call:
- Young researchers (PhD candidates or Postdocs)
- Proficient in English
- Open to all young researchers pursuing their study or research in Sweden irrespective of their nationality as well as to Swedish nationals studying/working in any European country (as defined by the Council of Europe).
To apply, applicants living and working in Sweden needed to send their CV (max 2 pages), motivation letter and the following “Personal Information” fill out form (to be downloaded and completed) to EuroScience.
Candidates of Swedish nationality but based in another European country needed to, in addition to the CV, motivation letter and “Personal Information” fill out form, complete and sign a declaration of honour (download here) and send them to EuroScience.
When submitting the application form for travel grants, the applicant agreed to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The deadline for applications for travel grants was on April 24th, 2022 CEST.
Selection and decision
A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by EuroScience.
An email of decision will be sent end of April 2022 to all candidates stating whether or not their application has been selected.
Obligations of grantees and payment conditions
- Grantees must confirm that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF2022 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and list sessions visited.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2022 will be reimbursed by EuroScience on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 800€ each.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel claim form issued by EuroScience.