PRESENTATION AND CONDITIONS FOR TRAVEL GRANTS
Created by Euroscience, ESOF – Euroscience Open Forum – is the biennial pan-European meeting dedicated to scientific research and innovation. The ESOF2020 event to be held in Trieste in Italy, between 5-9 July 2020 will bring 4,500 leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators from more than 90 countries, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science. ESOF2020 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
The CALL for travel grants to ESOF2020 was dedicated to Postdocs working in the field of physics or a related interdisciplinary area, who are based in Germany, irrespective of their nationality.
The Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Stiftung in collaboration with EuroScience opened a call for travel grants to cover young researchers’ cost of travel, registration, and accommodation to attend ESOF2020 in Trieste, Italy.
- Who could apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria of the call:
- Post Docs – based in Germany irrespective of their nationality
- Working in the field of physics or a related interdisciplinary area
- Under the age 35
- Proficient in English
2. Application procedure
To apply for a travel grant, a candidate needed to submit a CV of 2 pages (with the 5 most important publications) and a motivation letter in the submission system.
The deadline for applications for travel grants was on Monday November 18, 2019, 23:59 CET.
3. Selection and decision
The selection of candidates will be based on the curriculum and the motivation letter. A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by EuroScience in collaboration with the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Stiftung.
An email of decision will be sent in December 2019 to all candidates stating whether their application has been selected.
4. Obligations of grantees and payment conditions
- Grantees must confirm by email to office(at)euroscience.org that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF2020 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and list sessions they visited.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2020 will be reimbursed by EuroScience on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 900€ each.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel claim form issued by EuroScience.
For questions related to the submission system please contact Marie Suchanova at office(at)euroscience.org