1. The Grant:
EuroScience has been given the opportunity by the Robert Bosch Stiftung to open a Call for Travel Grants to support African researchers (or exceptionally research administrators) with their travel, registration and accommodation costs to attend ESOF 2016 in Manchester (23-27 July 2016).
Please keep in mind that the grantee will be reimbursed after ESOF 2016 with a lump sum of € 1600. Depending on travel arrangements, this amount might not cover the total costs incurred. The grant aims to cover:
- Travel costs to Manchester
- Registration fee to ESOF 2016
2. Eligibility Criteria:
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria. Applicants should be:
- A national of an African country
- Working preferably on the African continent
- Active in research (universities, research institutes, companies) or exceptionally research administration
- Preferably having a PhD
- Under the age of 42
- Proficient in English
3. Application procedure:
To submit an application, sign in via the EuroScience Conferences and Membership Platform and click on ‘Apply for a Grant’ and then click on ‘Robert Bosch Grants’. Follow the application procedure. You will be asked to upload:
- A filled out word questionnaire
- CV (maximum 2 pages A4)
- a letter of recommendation (max 1/2 page A4) from e.g. a dean, an employer or supervisor
When submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The deadline for applications for travel grants is Wednesday April 20th 12 pm (noon) CET.
4. Selection and decision:
The selection will be based on the completed questionnaire, the motivation letter and the recommendation letter. A decision is taken by the Selection Committee appointed by EuroScience. The Jury will assess candidates according to the benefits they will derive from participating at ESOF, and take into account gender, geographical distribution, disciplinary diversity and a mix of early career and more established applicants.
All candidates will be informed by e-mail whether or not their application has been accepted during the third week of May 2016.
5. Obligations of grantees:
- Grantees must confirm by email to firstname.lastname@example.org that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF 2016 has ended, grantees must fill in a feedback report a format for which will be sent to them. The report will include basic questions about the assessment and development of ESOF2016. It should be submitted before 31st August 2016.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- A lump sum (stated in the call) for expenses concerning ESOF2016 will be reimbursed by EuroScience after full and precise completion of the feedback report.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel guidelines issued by EuroScience.
For any further information, please contact Magali.email@example.com.
Photo Credit: Anton Balazh via Shutterstock