EuroScience Open Forum – ESOF2020 will be held in Trieste, Italy, from 5 to 9 July 2020. For young aspiring researchers, including PhD candidates and master students, ESOF is an excellent opportunity to get immersed in Europe’s largest general science conference, learn about new discoveries in a large number of fields, meet Nobel laureates and young researchers across disciplines.
- ESOF enables them to discuss career perspectives and participate in lively science policy debates with major European and national politicians and get an insight into science to business perspectives. Hundreds of journalists and media will cover the event and contribute to the enthusiastic atmosphere.
- ESOF includes a Careers Programme specifically dedicated to the interests and concerns of PhD students, young post-docs and early-career researchers. All the ESOF Programmes (Careers, Scientific, Science-2-Business) are built with a bottom-up approach via an open call for proposals.
- ESOF provides young researchers with a unique opportunity to meet and engage with leading scientists from fields outside their own speciality.
We believe that as many young researchers and students should be able to participate in ESOF2020 and therefore seek support to make it possible for them to learn from and contribute to the event.
How to contribute
- By providing a financial sponsorship :cost of one travel grant amounts to 900€ (travel, accommodation, registration, local transport). The EuroScience Office in Strasbourg may help with the selection of most aspiring early career researchers (launch of the call and selection) and the Trieste team will provide assistance and information on travel and accommodation at the local level.
- By supporting the organization of a Science Bus to ESOF2020 in Trieste
Benefits for Sponsors
Networking: Sponsors will be invited to a “Friends of EuroScience reception” and other networking events.
Should you wish to consider providing a number of travel grants or sponsor a bus/train to Trieste which would bring a group of students, please contact marie.suchanova[at]euroscience.org