European Science TV and New Media Festival
Euroscience and EuroPAWS
are pleased to announce the development of its annual festival to become: the European Science TV and New Media Festival 2010. The festival will take place at the UGC Theatre, in Strasbourg on 22 and 23 October 2010 and will be presented by EuroPAWS and Euroscience. In parallel, there will be a discussion in London on the best TV documentary awarded by Young People.
With the collaboration of ESF (European Science Foundation)
, this festival will present both documentaires, docu-dramas and new media productions. There will also be a round table animated by high level European scientists and science communicators.
The festival will be followed by a Awards Ceremony 2010, to be held in conjunction with the BBC Year of Science, at the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
in London on Monday 22 November 2010. Prizes will be offered in seven categories described below.
Science and Technology in:
- TV Documentaries
- TV Drama or Docu-drama
- TV General Programming (i.e. magazines, politics shows, natural world etc) – an item in context or a complete programme
- New Media Productions (including WEB, iPOD, Promotional Video etc)
In addition there will be prizes for:
- The best presentation of science or technology in relation to an environmental issue
- The best presentation of a woman scientist or engineer, real or acted
- The best TV documentary as judged by a teenage jury
To see the Programme