The EYRA 2010 laureate
Dr. Donal Brennan from Ireland has been awarded the European Young Researchers’ Award (EYRA) 2010, in recognition of his outstanding contributions during and after his PhD work to the identification and validation of breast cancer-associated biomarkers, and the strong motivation he has shown to translate research into clinical reality.
Donal Brennan was given the EYRA 2010 award during EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) in Torino.
The European Young Researchers’ Award is granted to doctoral candidates and early post doctorates for demonstrating outstanding research performance as well as deep insight of the European Research Area. It is the only award which inspires doctoral candidates to think ‘European’ by incorporating the European level into their research.
The EYRA 2010 Selection Committee
EuroScience is responsible for setting up the Selection Committee. For 2010, the Selection Committee consists of the following jury members:
- John Marks, President of the EYRA Selections Committee and Independent International Science Policy Professional and Research Manager; former deputy Chief Executive of ESF.
- Eugen Gheorghiu, Former EuroScience Board member and Director at International Centre of Biodynamics, Romania
- Christine Heller del Riego, Former EuroScience Board Member and Professor at Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Spain
Lauritz B. Holm-Nielsen, EuroScience Board Member and Rector of Aarhus University, Denmark
- Raymond Seltz, Secretary General of EuroScience, France
- Janna Wellander, Secretary of the EYRA Selection Committee and Coordinator of EuroScience (not a voting member of the Jury)