The EYRA 2011 laureate
Dr. Dorthe B. Ravnsbæk, who works for the Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center, iNANO, in Aarhus University, has been nominated for the EYRA 2011 (European Young Researchers’ Award).
The EYRA 2011 quality criteria
- Scientific Quality of the research, as demonstrated by high quality publications in top-ranking journals and/or by prestigious Honours or Awards.
- European Dimension, of the research and/or the research team as demonstrated in real collaboration with researchers from across Europe and/or a research question with a clear European relevance
- Inspirational team worker, as demonstrated by the role in the research team (for researchers working on their “first PhD”) or research group leadership role (for researchers successfully having defended their first PhD)
- Communication qualities, about the research, as demonstrated by public presentations, radio/TV/journal contributions or similar activities; European exposure is a bonus.
The EYRA 2011 Selection Committee
EuroScience is in charge of appointing the Selection Committee. For 2011, the Selection Committee comprises the following jury members:
- John Marks, President of the EYRA Selections Committee and Independent International Science Policy Professional and Research Manager; former deputy Chief Executive of ESF.
- Eugen Gheorghiu, Former EuroScience Board member and Director at International Centre of Biodynamics, Romania
- Christine Heller del Riego, Former EuroScience Board Member and Professor at Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Spain
- Lauritz B. Holm-Nielsen, EuroScience Board Member and Rector of Aarhus University, Denmark
- Raymond Seltz, Secretary General of EuroScience, France
- Maria Wikse, Member of ESOF Supervisory Board and Scientific Secretary at Riksbankens Jubileumsfond, Sweden
- Janna Wellander, Secretary of the EYRA Selection Committee and Coordinator of EuroScience (not a voting member of the Jury)