EuroScience, The European Association for the Advancement of Science and Technology, is an independent non-profit organisation, with 2 600 individual members and 15 corporate members. Operations are coordinated through a dedicated executive office located in Strasbourg (France).
EuroScience’s mission is :
- to be Europe’s grassroots organisation for researchers and for all those interested in and committed to science, technology and innovation in Europe ;
- to bring together individuals and organisations from all scientific disciplines and all public and private sectors ;
- to promote scientific culture and dialogue, as well as mutual understanding between science, technology and innovation and society at large ;
- to enhance the contribution of science to the well-being and prosperity of mankind ;
- to engage with policymakers, businesses and society.
EuroScience is the founder and owner of ESOF, the EuroScience Open Forum, Europe’s largest multidisciplinary conference dedicated to scientific research and innovation, and which takes place biannually in a major European city. In addition to ESOF, the association also provides platforms to facilitate co-operation between stakeholders through meetings, publications, petitions, communications and other activities, including the web magazine EuroScientist.
EuroScience invites applications for an ESOF and general project officer
EuroScience looks for a full-time staff officer to strengthen the EuroScience office. The ideal candidate is a generalist who will have four main responsibilities.
1. With respect to ESOF, the EuroScience Open Forum
- Interface with ESOF cities
- Supporting ESOF cities with platform and website
- Contacts with the company that developed and hosts the ESOF website and the platform that is used for ESOF proposals, grant requests and the EuroScience membership. Follow bugs and developments with issue-tracking systems.
- Supporting international ESOF committees where necessary, including participating in crucial meetings and taking minutes
- Secretary ESOF Committee which decides on future ESOF cities
- Communication tasks EuroScience has to perform for ESOF (messages to database contacts; contacts European-level organisations, etc.
2. With respect to ICT
- Supporting Office with variety of ICT issues: maintenance of EuroScience and EuroScientist websites, Office 365 (email addresses and distribution lists, office suites), domain names, Google Analytics, Google Ads, RSS feeds, members database, etc.
3. With respect to NewHoRRIzon and potentially other projects
EuroScience is partner in an EC-funded project, NewHoRRIzon. The project officer is responsible for
- creating information materials, working with external graphic designers
- Maintenance and management of the website
- Social Media strategy
- Coordination of work with international partners through regular physical and virtual meetings
4. With respect to EuroScientist
- Supporting EuroScientist, its editorial board and editor with collecting articles, dissemination and improving website; editor responsible for content and editing
- Secretary EuroScientist Editorial Board
- Social Media strategy
- Writing a monthly newsletter
- University degree, preferably masters
- Fluency in English (speaking, writing)
- Active interest in science
- International experience
- Skills in communication, graphic design, social media, MailChimp
- Skills in ICT, in particular web, HTML, SEO, WordPress, Office 365, Contao, issue-tracking systems, Google Analytics
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of science, Responsible Research and Innovation, European Framework Programmes
- Knowledge of French
- International working environment
- Monthly salary range: € 2400 – 2800 gross
- Location: Strasbourg
- Frequent travels in Europe (between 5 and 10 per year)
- Contract for undetermined period with probation period of half a year
The position is open as of January 1, 2019. The successful candidate should preferably be able to spend a few days in December 2018 to work with the current project officer. Applications, which should include a curriculum vitae of maximum 3 pages and a motivation letter of maximum 1 page, should be sent to the Secretary General of EuroScience at firstname.lastname@example.org, through which address also information can be requested from the Secretary General.
Deadline for submissions is November 10, 2018 cob
Strasbourg, October 18, 2018
Download job description in Pdf