EuroScience looks for a staff officer to strengthen the EuroScience office. The ideal candidate is a generalist who will have three main responsibilities.
- Every two years the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) is organized, Europe’s largest general science conference. The officer will be responsible for the general EuroScience office support of the local ESOF organisers, next to other officers providing communication and technical support (website, Conference Platform). This includes assisting the Steering Committee and the Programme Committee as meetings secretary and in utilising the Conference Platform. The officer will also be the general interface of the EuroScience office with the local ESOF organisers.
- The officer will support the Secretary General and deputy Secretary General with the financial administration, budgets and accounts (bookkeeping is outsourced).
- The officer will assist Governing Board members in preparing projects and policy analyses.
University degree, preferably masters (e.g. Management, business administration)
Fluency in English (speaking, writing)
Active interest in science
Preferably international experience (e.g. training internship)
This position requires frequent travelling.
- International working environment
- Salary range: € 2500 – 2800 gross/month
- Location: Strasbourg, with flexibility assumed
- Contract for undetermined period with probation period
Electronic applications (motivation letter + CV) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference identifier “ESOF/Financial Officer”.
Deadline for application: 01/04/2015