The mobility of researchers is a driver of excellence in research. However, researchers face many difficulties in preserving their occupational pension benefits when moving between different countries and organisations.
RESAVER enables mobile researchers to remain affiliated to the same pension fund when moving between different countries and changing jobs.
RESAVER is an occupational pension plan that:
- is open to both public and private institutions that employ researchers in the European Economic Area (EEA);
- enables employees to remain affiliated to the same pension vehicle when moving between countries and employers;
- is also open to non-mobile employees;
- is set up for the benefit of researchers but can also be used for other employees within an organisation;
- is supplementary to social security pension systems.
To follow progress on RESAVER, please visit www.resaver.eu for updates.