The CALL for Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) travel grants to ESOF 2012 is CLOSED
The Swiss Embassy in Ireland, the Swedish Research Council and Le Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) in collaboration with EuroScience had run a call for young researchers.
The criteria were the following:
1. Who can apply?
- All “Early-Stage Researchers (ESR)” as defined by the Marie Curie Actions under the European Commission and Young Researchers having obtained their PhD and are within their first two years of research experience.
- Open to all nationalities, however, the ESR needs to work in a European country.
To submit an application, please follow the link to:
Sign into the ESOF database and click on “Apply for a Scholarship” at the bottom of your profile page. Follow the application procedure.
Special note for Swiss and Switzerland based ESR – If you are a Swiss national or an ESR living and working in Switzerland please select the “ESOF2012 Swiss Early-Stage Researcher” in the online application! Your application will fall under Swiss travel grants.
When submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The deadline for applications for travel grants is Thursday 10th May 2012.
3. Selection and decision
The eligibility criteria will be based on the curriculum assessment and the applicant’s motivation statement in attending ESOF2012. A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by EuroScience or by the respective national organisation. The Selection Committee will consist of at least one representative from EuroScience, Eurodoc and the MCFA fellowship association.
The decision has been communicated to the participants by email.
4. Obligations of grantees
- Grantees must confirm by email to email@example.com that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF2012 has ended, grantees must fill in the travel grant evaluation form that will be available on the EuroScience pages. The questionnaire will include basic questions about the assessment and development of ESOF2012. It should be submitted before 31st August 2012.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2012 “European Early-Stage Researchers” will be reimbursed by EuroScience on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 800€ each.
- The travel and accommodation expenses concerning the “ESOF2012 Swiss Early-Stage Researchers” will be reimbursed by the Embassy of Switzerland in Ireland on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 800€ each.
For any further information, please contact the EuroScience Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone +33 (0)3 88 24 11 50.