Created by Euroscience, ESOF – Euroscience Open Forum – is the biennial pan-European meeting dedicated to scientific research and innovation. The ESOF 2018 event to be held in Toulouse, 9-14 July 2018 will bring 4,500 leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators from more than 90 countries, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science. ESOF 2018 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
The CALL for travel grants to ESOF 2018 was dedicated to Young Researchers based in Sweden irrespective of their nationality as well as to Swedish nationals studying/working in any European country (as defined by the Council of Europe).
Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) in collaboration with EuroScience opened a call for travel grants to cover young researchers’ cost of travel, registration, and accommodation to attend ESOF 2018 in Toulouse.
Who can apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria of the call:
- Young researchers (MSc and PhD candidates)
- Under the age 35
- Proficient in English
- Open to all young researchers pursuing their study or research in Sweden irrespective of their nationality as well as to Swedish nationals studying/working in any European country (as defined by the Council of Europe).
To apply for a travel grant a candidate of Swedish nationality but based in another European country will need to fill out and sign a declaration of honour (available in our system for download) and upload it along with his/her CV (max 2 pages) and motivation letter in the submission system. Applicants living and working in Sweden do not need to complete the declaration of honour.
To submit an application, please create an account in the EuroScience Conference and membership platform ESCMP: https://escmp.euroscience.org/login
Once your profile created, please click on the icon “apply for a grant” and select the call entitled “travel grants for Swedish researchers”.
When submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The call closed on Tuesday April 3, 2018, 23:59 CET.
Selection and decision
The selection of candidates will be based on the curriculum, the motivation letter and the duly signed declaration of honour. Applicants living and working in Sweden do not need to complete the declaration of honour.
A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by EuroScience.
An email of decision will be sent a mid-April 2018 to all candidates stating whether or not their application has been selected.
Obligations of grantees and payment conditions
- Grantees must confirm by email to office(at)euroscience.org that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF 2018 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and list sessions they visited.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF 2018 will be reimbursed by EuroScience on presentation of receipts up to €900.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel claim form issued by EuroScience.
For questions related to the submission system please contact Marie Suchanova at office(at)euroscience.org