Presentation and conditions for the travel grants
Created by EuroScience, ESOF – the Euroscience Open Forum – is a biennial pan-European meeting dedicated to scientific research and innovation. ESOF2022 to be held in Leiden in the Netherlands will be a hybrid event (both live and virtual) and will bring scientists, young researchers, leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science. ESOF2022 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, businesspeople, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
The CALL for travel grants to ESOF2022 is dedicated to PhD candidates and Postdocs studying or working in the field of physics or in an interdisciplinary field of physics and who are based in Germany, irrespective of their nationality.
The Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Stiftung in collaboration with EuroScience have opened a call for travel grants to cover young researchers’ cost of travel, registration, and accommodation to attend ESOF2022 in Leiden, the Netherlands.
Who can apply?
Eligibility criteria of the call:
- PhD candidates and Postdocs – based in Germany irrespective of their nationality
- Studying or working in the field of physics or a related interdisciplinary area
- Proficient in English
To apply for a travel grant, a candidate will need to send a CV of 2 pages (name five most important publications) and motivation letter to travel.grants[at]euroscience.org and alongside complete the following fill out form.
When submitting the application for travel grants, the applicant agreed to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The deadline for applications for travel grants was May 15th, 2022 CEST.
Selection and decision
The selection of candidates will be based on the curriculum and the motivation letter. A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by EuroScience in collaboration with the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Stiftung.
An email of decision will be sent by the end of May 2022 to all candidates stating whether their application has been selected.
Obligations of grantees and payment conditions
- Grantees must confirm by email to travel.grants(at)euroscience.org that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF2022 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and list sessions they visited.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2022 will be reimbursed by EuroScience on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 600€ each.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel claim form issued by EuroScience.
For more information, please contact email@example.com